Students from four colleges in Rathmines are being invited to submit photographs for a public exhibition entitled In Rathmines to be displayed on Rathmines Road Lower in March 2019. The exhibition is organised by St Mary’s College, St Louis High School, Rathmines College of Further Education and the DIT Conservatory of Music and Drama. Dublin City Council is sponsoring the event.
The purpose of the exhibition is to foster a greater awareness of the local community in Rathmines and the environment in which they live, work and play. The subject matter is left to the discretion of the photographer, but images must be located in Rathmines and must not offend good taste.
Rules for submission of photographs:
1. Only students currently enrolled in the four colleges: St Mary’s College, St Louis High School, Rathmines College of Further Eduation and the DIT Conservatory of Music and Drama are eligible for inclusion in the exhibition.
2. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them.
3. No more than 6 photographs may be submitted by one entrant.
4. There is no entry fee.
5. Each entrant must ensure that any image they submit has been taken with the permission of the subject (or their parents if under 16).
6. Entrants ensure that images submitted do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
7. Entrants must not submit photographs that are offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, or obscene.
8. Apart from public exhibition, entrants give license for the images to be displayed on the InRathmines website/ Instagram page. A photograph exhibited online will be credited appropriately.
9. Judging of the photographs to be included in the exhibition will be carried out by representatives of the colleges involved and their decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
10. Send jpegs to < firstname.lastname@example.org>. The photographer’s name, course/class and college must accompany all etries.
11. The exhibited photograph will become the possession of the photographer after the exhibition.
12. Closing day for receipt of photographshas been extended to Tuesday, February 12th..